No claims bonus

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi I have recently had to make a claim on my Tesco car insurance. My vehicle was stolen following a burglary at my home address during which my vehicle keys were stolen, The vehicle was later recovered without the keys which required new keys etc and other minor work though not accident damaged. I currently have full protected NCB this being the first ever claim I have made in over 40yrs of driving. Despite having paid the extra fee for no claims bonus protection ,I have received an email from Tesco Insurance stating "Your no claims bonus will be affected due to this incident" , My question is what is the purpose of no claims bonus if on my one and only claim I stand to lose a percentage of my no claims bonus.

thanks in advance for any advice
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hey @Shady5942, I'm glad you managed to get your car back and I hope you're okay after the burglary. This is a generic email you have received, which has no way of determining whether you have NCD protection or not. If you have protection, you can have 2 fault claims in 3 years without losing any years of NCD. I hope this helps!
    Fresh Eyes
    Thanks for the reply, yes I do have protected no claims I will be contacting the company , hopefully this is a typing error when they sent me the email saying my no claims will be effected