Better Online Services Required.

Hello :) I wanted to know if Tesco Bank are considering improving the online banking facilities? In comparisons to your competitors your online functionality is very minimal to say the least. At the moment the only way to contact Tesco Bank is by phone or post. Other banks / building socities offer the following methods of contact via their online banking websites; 1. Secure messaging 2. Secure webchat 3. Secure email Whilst responses may take a little longer for some customers it is a more desirablenmethod of contact. I appreciate alot of people prefer sending post and making phone calls which is absolutely fine, but as you can appreciate this isn't for everyone. Does anyone feel the same?
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer

Thanks for your feedback regarding our Online Service  we're always looking to improve our services and I will certainly log your feedback regarding the extra services you would like to see within our Online Banking facilities.
    I would like secure email (via the account web site) at least. However, don't believe this will be the answer to all correspondence issues. I recently had an issue with HSBC, who do have secure email. I wanted to allow my wife to access my account - which is currently accessible by me only. I still can't believe the barriers they threw up to prevent this change. First, they won't allow such a change to be authorised via my secure email. I have to phone them or visit my local branch. I am deaf so that makes using a telephone a challenge. I am also disabled, we don't have a car and the local branch is located in the middle of a pedestrian area - no handy parking space. Being disabled I can't walk very far. So getting to the local branch is another challenge. We got their form for making this change, and they rejected it because my wife couldn't supply a recent utility bill - we do all our business online so we don't get utility bills. No problem thinks I - my wife and I have had an HSBC joint account for many years, so I asked if we could use her HSBC debit card as proof of identity. No way - they had to have a utility bill from a third party. So HSBC wouldn't accept proof of identity issued by HSBC, which could never be compromised, but rely upon a third party document which could easily be modified by readily available PC tools. This issue would have been easily resolved if they had allowed my secure email to be used.
    I found the easy solution to problems like that was to leave HSBC - never ending hassle.
    BobD583 wrote :- "I recently had an issue with HSBC, who do have secure email." So they do, messaging within their own on-line banking system, but it does not stop them nagging me to give them my general email address. I won't because I know it will lead to spam. I asked them on the phone why they wanted it when they have their perfectly good website message system, and they could not get a satisfactory answer. BobD583 wrote :- "[HSBC] rejected [an application form] because my wife couldn't supply a recent utility bill - we do all our business online so we don't get utility bills" That is why you should not "go paperless". Banks (and others) are hypocritical; they nag you to go paperless but then require applications to be supported by original paper documents not printed from the Internet. BobD583 wrote :- "This issue would have been easily resolved if they had allowed my secure email to be used." I don't share your optimism.