Direct Debit - Money paid in but not taken from statement

I set up a direct debit last month, the payment was taken on 24th and my statement amount was paid. This month however, my payment date fell on a Sunday. In my transactions on my credit account it is showing that the statement amount has been paid in on 24th Jul 2016, and the money has been taken from my debit account. Although this is the case, the amount paid in has not be deducted from my balance and there is a message under the credit total which reads 'Your Direct Debit is being set up, please pay your min payment of £25.00 by 29 Jul 2016'. I am worried that I will get charged for not paying the min payment, although I have already paid the statement amount. Has this occurred because the payment date was on a Sunday, and will it correct itself before the 29th? Or am I going to have to pay again?
  • 1 Reply

Supervisor
    Good evening. My payment due date was the 24th of this month too. Lloyds Bank processed the Direct Debit in the early hours of this morning in my case. I find Tesco Bank tend to refresh their accounts around 10pm in the evening; going on my example my credit limit is £250. My Direct Debit was for £24.08 and my available balance is £225.02 as I've two pending payments totalling £24.98. Therefore you'll see the Direct Debit has 'reached' my credit card account even though it's not been updated yet. You'll likely find it's the same in your situation too.