The Tesco Credit Card Computer tells dangerous LIES!

Fresh Eyes
    The Tesco Credit Card Computer must be the stupidest in the world! Or could that be the label for the idiots that design and program it!

I received a warning letter that I had consistently (twice) made late payments to my credit card.

It was a complete and utter LIE! No other word for it - the computer was LYING! For me, that makes it a DANGEROUS computer!

For two months running when I received the Tesco email, twice on the 4th of the month, saying that my statement was available online via my mobile APP - I IMMEDIATELY PAID THE ENTIRE OUTSTANDING BALANCE!

As this (the email and my payment) all happened BEFORE the fifth of the month the Tesco Computer complained that my payments, on the 4th of the month, were in fact LATE (OVERDUE) payments for the PREVIOUS month. Even sent me "Financial Conduct Advice" pamphlets!

I, of course, complained. A Tesco "Customer Relations Officer" replied :

"The Notice of Sums in Arrears letters are triggered automatically by our systems, as the payments were made earlier than 23:59 on the 5th of the month". As the system has acted as designed, I'm unable to uphold your complaint" !!

Any sensible person would imagine that
    1. you only send emails saying that you can pay when you can actually pay without being considered a "naughty boy";
    or 2. you should correct the computer program that cannot differentiate between "not-early" and late payments!

Now, once again, because of Jubilee they've done it again! At 11:50 on the 4th of June I received the erroneous email from Tesco saying that I could pay my credit card.

Why can't they at least include a warning in the email saying: "we've sent you this email but please don't pay it before 23:59 of the 5th of the month - if you do we will think that you have been a naughty boy again!"

To me the worst bit was the "As the system has acted as designed ..." - any sane person would have questioned the design of the system, not asked the client to stop obeying their email!

Of course - I should have guessed! It's the computer's fault! 😏

Frustrated!
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    Hey @bluelantern, I appreciate your thoughts on this matter. I will raise your comments as some feedback, which we always use to try to improve our products and services.
    Fresh Eyes
    @JoeC "improve" = "correct the errors of" ? :-)