Mystery Meat Links to vital information

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I am frustrated at the hidden links to important information. I've been looking for a while for the page with telephone contact numbers on. When I select "contact us" I'm sent to FAQs and social media. I know why you are doing this, you don't want to be bothered by customers who have queries that you feel you can answer readily on your website. That's understandable. However I had desperate need to contact the insurance section, waiting for social media to respond was agonizing slow, and then when I did manage to get in touch I was told I had to contact car insurance direct - BUT!! They failed to give me the 'phone number. Please take this as your first action point. However, eventually I found the telephone number page and here is the link https://community.tescobank.com/content/4015-contact-us

But you have to be logged in! If you can't log in, how is one supposed to contact you for help?
    Why make it so difficult? Surely this should be an immediate link below the FAQ box when the desperate customer (yes CUSTOMER) needs to talk about important needs like, they've had an accident, they've broken down, they can't log in because their email address has been compromised. Not all events are easily answered by your FAQs. Please reconsider posting this page in a more prominent position.
  • 2 Replies

Former Community Manager
    @Teable Hey, that post isn't our main contact us page. When you visit the Help section of the website if you select the product your query is in relation to the number is displayed. For example selecting Car Insurance it will display the following: Contact Us - Standard Car Insurance - Tesco Bank with the phone numbers and opening hours listed.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello Ross
    Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my post, its a pity that you didn't read it and fully appreciate the feedback I was giving in order to make the website more user friendly.

So to reiterate: The main link "contact us" is https://www.tescobank.com/help/contact-us/
    It takes the visitor to a page entitled "What can we help you with?" followed by "Technical Support" - I didn't want technical support, I wanted a 'phone number so I could speak with someone about my car insurance.

All this is in the first screen load, scrolling down, two further screen loads I eventually reach a box called "Standard Car Insurance", clicking on that link (https://www.tescobank.com/car-insura...rd/contact-us/) takes me to a page that says "Helpful contact information for car insurance" - that isn't true, the next screen load scrolling down is a screen load of FAQs, designed to answer common questions which, as I said previously, is understandable and trying to avoid overloading the call centre. Scrolling down next we reach contact information relating to "Get in touch on social media." You have to appreciate visitors to the website don't know it as well as you, my immediate assumption was that Tesco have decided to ask their customers to contact them this way, remember my goal was to contact. So I assumed that was my only way to reach you. It's not a good message for your customers who need to contact you about important things.

Finally the next screen load was contacting by 'phone.

To summarise if the link is marked as "contact us" your website visitors will be expecting immediate contact information, the hidden message from the page layouts is "we're trying to stop unnecessary calls by making you hunt for vital information", in other words a fobbing off.

Your answer to my post was assumptive that I knew the website as well as you do. Your instruction to me was to go to "Help" in the first instance, please try to appreciate that not everyone will think like that when they also see a link marked "contact us." Contact Us is the instinctive go to when that is exactly what the user needs. Don't make me think. :)