direct debit payment reversal

My latest statement says that the full amount will be taken by direct debit on 23 july 2016 - I checked my account and there is a 'payment reversal' - two entries the first direct debit payment out and then the day after payment reversal for the same amount. I have now been charged a late payment fee £12.00. Whats going on?The direct debit was set up in plenty of time and Tesco would appear to think it was all confirmed as the statement says it will be collected by this method. Why am I being charged? Why have you not sent me a message that there was a problem. Why is there even a problem. Why can I not contact you by phone to sort this out - there are no phone options on sunday morning to speak to anyone - thats not 7 day a week customer service.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi 

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your direct debit. There could be a few reasons why the direct debit was reversed, but I would need your details to check for why this happened. If you could send a private message with your name, DOB and postcode (formatted AB 1 2 C D) to  and myself, we can check for you.

As for the phone line, our options are the same every day of the week and our credit card department is available 24/7, but I'm sorry you had problems navigating the options to speak with an advisor.