Make a payment permission

Fresh Eyes
    Hello, when I go to pay off my Tesco credit card, I use the Pay by Bank option, select my personal current account option then... I am usually given the option to open my other banking app or open in Chrome

Unfortunately I ticked the always remember box and pressed Chrome. I never do this in Chrome and always use my other connected banking app. Now its always automatically choosing Chrome and I can't find the right place to undo this so I'm given the option again to use the banking app. I've completely reinstalled the Tesco app to try and fix it, I've deleted cookies and cache and data from the Tesco app and from chrome and from my other banking app (not that finding any of these settings is easy) but it's still automatically forwards me to my bank using Chrome.

Can anyone advise how I can can remove this automatic connection of the Tesco banking app to Chrome when I want to make a payment? Thanks
  • 5 Replies

Staff
    Hey @LizB3, are you able to try clearing your cookies and cache on Chrome?
    Fresh Eyes
    @JoeC yes unfortunately I've done this.

Just given it another go, no joy. It's at the point you've put in how much you want to pay off and when you get to the "securely connecting to your bank" screen... it automatically opens Chrome instead of giving me the option to use app or Chrome. I feel sure it must be too do with the Tesco app but as I've uninstalled and reinstalled .. I'm not sure how it can be that either. Obviously there's lots of Android phone settings but I can't find any to help.
    Staff
    @LizB3 Is it making you enter your payment bank details every time, or are they saved on there?
    Fresh Eyes
    @JoeC saved.

I go to Pay By Bank option on the Tesco app.

It then asks me to pick from a list of accounts to "pay with" and my HSBC personal account is listed
    Then I cliick continue and it goes to "securely connect to my bank"

But instead of popping up and asking me how I want to do this (Chrome or HSBC App) it just automatically uses Chrome
    Staff
    @LizB3 I'm sorry that this continues to happen. Please give our Online team a call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) when you are next ready to pay and they will talk you through some live troubleshooting to get this resolved.