Auto increased limit

I would rather not call to ask for an increase to my limit as trying to keep my credit score good, is there a set time of year auto increases are given ?? The last increase I had was about 2013. I did go over my limit accidental 8 months ago when I paid a holding deposit to a hotel and they took the entire booking payment instead so I went over the limit. Also went over this month as my card was used fraudulently. Will either of this stop any kind of auto increase I wonder ? Thanks
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi ,

There's no set time when an auto limit increase would be applied to your card - if you've not changed your credit limit within the past 6 months then you would be eligible to apply for an increase.
    If you don't want to call to do this, you can request an increase online via online banking.
    The fraudulent transactions should not have an impact on the decision for this as the transactions weren't carried out by you. Also, the decision is more based on how you manage your account as a whole rather than isolated incidents.