Re: What do I need to know before using my Tesco Bank Credit Card abroad?

When I tried to hire a car in Spain and wanted to leave my card details for a pre authorisation it would not be accepted and I had to pay extra for an exorbitant insurance reduction ! It states we do not need to contact you if using the card abroad, can you please explain why I couldn't use it and how I go about claiming some compensation for the extra costs I had to incur.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi , since messaging us have you been in contact with our Credit Card team at all? Our customers don't need to inform us when they are going to be using their card abroad but transactions may still decline due to the security measures we have in place. In instances where these transactions are blocked we send a text to the customer’s mobile telephone numbers to confirm if the transaction is genuine or not. If it is a Y reply to the message will unblock the card to process the payment again or N if we must take further action on this. Due to the nature of our security block we wouldn't be in a position to offer compensation for this as it is a fraud prevention measure. Also, we have a number on the back of our Credit Cards for customers to contact where we could look into your account and unblock this right away where the transaction is genuine and that line is available 24/7.