Clubcard Pay+ on the buses

Fresh Eyes
    A couple of months ago I used my Pay+ card to pay for a Stagecoach bus fare. I was given a ticket and everything seemed OK at the time but my account was never debited.

According to Stagecoach, when they processed the transaction overnight it was declined and they then blocked my card so it can longer be used on their buses. There were sufficient funds on the account.

After I spoke to Stagecoach they waived the fare and unblocked the card but last week it seems that the same thing has happened again.

Is there a reason why TESCO declines bus fares (I have no trouble with other purchases whether online or in stores)?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @Retired70, thanks for getting in touch. I'm not aware of any issues with these particular types of transactions. So we can investigate further, could you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link?
    Fresh Eyes
    An update on this.

TESCO have investigated and are quite certain that they did not decline any transactions on my account so the Stagecoach contactless transactions must have failed before they reached my account. Regrettably Stagecoach have refused to provide the information that TESCO have requested in order to investigate further.

If anyone reading this has used a Clubcard Pay+ debit card on a Stagecoach bus I would be very interested to know if it succeeded or failed.