I've been on a few forums over the years. Even as far back as Usenet. I did say I was old. But it's a bad sign if you have to look for help to do such a simple thing as make a first post on a forum. It is a simple thing. I annoyingly did have to look for help. Nick G's 'how to make your first post' was where I went. Pick a topic and make your post was essentially what he said. I hadn't found any topics or that is what I would've done. Back to the community home page. Ah! I see the word topic. But is the topic the box itself, or is it the headings inside the box or are the heading above the box the topic? Oh well stab away with the mouse and see what happens. I'm a web and graphic designer as well so I'm sensitive to lack of clarity in visual design. The space between lines of text (leading) in this window is a design disgrace as well My mouse stabbing worked, the post is here. The best book on user interface good practice is 'Steve Krug's "don't make me think"' for anyone interested (Tesco). The upshot is that I'm getting more annoyed, because I just I tried to get back to Nicks 'how to make your first post' to check my details and get things right. I can't find it. Perhaps Tesco thinks I now know how to make posts and the post is gone from wherever it was - for me. Or I got lost. OK. But the other thing I wanted to look at back there was a post near Nicks that I wanted to consult...