Re: What happens when I apply for a Tesco Bank loan?

I haven't got any details abut the loan I applied for wrote:
    When you apply for a loan, a credit reference search will be carried out and a credit score will be calculated based on the information you enter and your credit reference information. This will determine if we’re able to offer you a loan and you’ll receive one of the following decisions:
    • Approve – We’re happy to offer you a loan
    • Approve in principle – We may be able to offer you a loan, but need a bit more information from you before we can fully approve your loan
    • Refer – In some circumstances we may need some more information from you before we’re able to make a decision. We'll contact you, if necessary.
    • Declined – We're unable to offer you a loan. We'll write to you to explain the reason for our decision. If you've been declined as a result of a Credit Reference Agency search, we recommend you obtain a copy of your credit file and check the information on it before reapplying or applying for credit elsewhere.

If your application is approved or approved in principle:
    • You’ll receive some important documents within five days, which you’ll need to check, sign and return to us.
    • We may also request some additional documents to support your application, such as proof of your identity or address. You must send these with your signed loan documents.
    • Once we receive your signed loan documents, with any supporting documentation we requested, we'll make some final checks.
    • Once we're happy with the information you've sent, we'll fully approve your loan and pay the money into your bank account.

Please note: your loan offer is valid for 30 days from the date you applied, so it's important you return your documents to us as quickly as you can.
  • 1 Reply

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi  when did you apply for your Loan? Have you been waiting longer than the initial 5 days for a response from us?