What is Google pay and how can I use it?
Google Pay is the fast, simple and secure way to pay both in-store and online. You can use your Tesco Bank Credit Card to pay for goods and services at merchants that accept contactless payments, you can also make in-app purchases on your eligible Android smartphone wherever you see the 'Google Pay'
How does Google Pay work?
Eligible Android devices use Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows two devices to exchange payment information quickly and conveniently at close range. To enable Google Pay to work, you should ensure that NFC is turned on for your device
What do I need to use Google Pay?
In order to use Google Pay, you’ll need:
- An Android smartphone running Android Lollipop 5.0 or above
- Your Tesco Bank Credit Card
- The Google Wallet App
How do I set up Google Pay?
1. Open the Google Wallet app or download it on Google Play
2. Tap 'Add to Wallet' and follow the instructions
3. Verify your card if needed and make sure we have the right phone number for you
Find out how to set up your Tesco Bank Credit Card as your default card here.
Don't have an Android device? Click here to read about other digital wallet options available for use at Tesco Bank.
Still have questions? Find out more here or ask the Community a question