2 Step Authentication Problems!

Fresh Eyes
    Hi. I received my new card so had to change the date valid until information everywhere I shop online. Since I did this my Amazon Subscriptions payments have been declined and I’ve had to go back on and say that I do want to use this payment then get asked for authentication. It’s inconvenient and really annoying!

This has happened on just about every other purchase from Amazon too! I am also having to put in a code just about every time I do my Tesco.com shop and, to be honest, every other time I use my card online. I don’t mind doing it occasionally but every time I buy something is just ridiculous. It was fine until I had to put in my new card details.

Is there anything I can do to stop Amazon declining my card? What about the other sites?
    Thanks
  • 4 Replies

Staff
    Hi @Janice73, thanks for getting in touch. So we can look into this for you, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link.
    Fresh Eyes
    I am also having troubles The payment for my Amazon Subscriptions was not successfully processed. basket random
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @seekborrow, can you please provide a little more information surrounding the issue you're having?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    I really am not trying to be rude or inflammatory, but after several phone calls to the Tesco card services over this, I've had enough. Am going to use a different card again.

I only started using the TescoCard again after the Amazon card switched to being a Pulse card.

Come on, you MUST KNOW there's an issue with 2FA being too restrictive, especially with companies such as Amazon who may have many transactions a month, all of which require "manual authorisation", but the Tesco(HSBC) system/app does NOT raise authorisation requests.
    The first thing I know about it are texts from Amazon saying "payment declined."

This happens regularly every month when the 'Subscribe and Save' items are processed.
    it wouldn't be so bad if it was just one authorisation, but as each item is processed separately, I will get a string of texts from Amazon saying that the transaction has been declined and NOTHING from TescoCard!
    I've missed several deliveries (at reduced cost) already because of this over-cautious and poorly implemented approach to 2FA.

Please please sort this out. I really am begging you.
    Best Wishes, Susi.