Car Rental Overcharge

Fresh Eyes
    Hi,
    Can any one tell me whether I should take this up with Tesco Bank as the credit card provider?

I rented a car in the USA recently. I booked a deal called manager's special which means they must give you a car of a certain category (Compact) or better. The staff at the office in Boston seemed very inexperienced. Eventually I was given keys to a car and when I pressed the unlock button realised it was a Chevrolet Spark - an 'Economy' car (I have proof of this) -the smallest car in the lot.

I told them this was not the contract I had with them, but they said the only way I was getting a 'better' car was to upgrade for $100 a day! I argued and they said they could do it for $35/day, still way above what it would have cost online even if the upgrade was justified. I had no choice but to agree to the additional cost with a view to claiming it back as per the contract I actually had.

I contacted the rental company when home. There is no phone possibility and I was twice fobbed off then shutdown by a semi-literate representative who didn't seem to want to understand whether there was a mistake or not.

As it stands I am $420 plus about $30 tax out of pocket. I have not mentioned the name of the company yet, but if I cannot resolve this issue they will get plenty bad press!

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @Blainy, I'm really sorry to hear this. You can find all of the information you need and raise a claim through the link below. Please let me know if you have any more questions - Keigan

https://www.tescobank.com/help/chargeback/