Problem with linking a bank account from my savings account

Fresh Eyes
    I have recently changed a bank account and want to link this to my savings however I keep getting the message when I add.

This page is not working
    Identity.tesco.com is currently unable to handle this request

HTTP Error 502

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  3.54 MB
    I have tried different browser and left it for a few days but still no luck, my mum is also getting the same message.

Is this problem going to get resolved is anyone else having same problem
  • 22 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @nrandall73, please give our team a quick call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and we'll be able to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    I am having the same issue, as are no doubt many others as there's obviously something wrong with the website.

I have tried three different browsers (the phone app won't let you do this operation) and tried all three browsers in safe-mode with no addons or ad-blockers working just to make sure those were not causing problems. All the browsers do the same thing - go absolutely nowhere.

In Avast browser I do get a similar image as above and a message that the request cannot be handled, but the rest just have a ton of address string and just sit there doing nothing.

I'd rather not have the rigmarole of going through what I anticipate will be waits and hoops on the phone to sort this out, but I suppose I am not left with much choice other than sending the funds to a different linked account, waiting for all that to clear, then sending it from there to my new account.
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @nrandall73 and @epic

I've just tried this on my own Savings account and I'm getting the same error, let me take this away to our Savings team to investigate and I'll come back with an update as soon as I can.

In the meantime, if you do need to change your linked account, please don't hesitate to call us on the number that Kelly has posted above.
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @nrandall73 and @epic

Just wanted to give you an update on this one, we've raised an incident for this problem and have the relevant teams investigating the problem right now! I'll let you know as soon as I get an update or resolution.

Have either of you managed to have your new accounts linked via our Savings team?
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi. I'm can't setup a linked account. Every time I confirm the account details I get an error code
    Staff
    Hi @RichardWill, thanks for getting in touch. Our team are now aware of an issue and are working to resolve this as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. In the meantime, you can call us on 0345 678 5678 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 3pm) to add on a linked account or to make a transfer out of your account over the phone.
    Pitching in
    The same issue has been happening to me for approx 1 week now. Tried again today and error page still appearing after hitting confirm details:

Name:  Screenshot_2022-12-14-16-10-22.png
Views: 614
Size:  26.8 KB
    Note, security of page changes from green to red when this appears.

Telephoning is not ideal for me, so I had really hoped the issue would have been resolved by now. Can you please update here when resolved @RobbieT, as would like to complete transaction I started last week.
    Last edited by savermum; 14-12-22 at 16:19. Reason: additional note
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @RichardWill, I've moved your original post to this thread to keep all posts relating to the ongoing issue together, it will also help other customers who have the same issue 😊

@savermum there's some information on this thread relating to the issue a lot of you are experiencing and we are so sorry for this inconvenience, I don't have a solution for this as yet but rest assured, our teams are working hard in the background to identify what's gone wrong and have this fixed as soon as they can.

Any updates I receive on the issue will be posted in this thread so keep an eye out 😊

In the meantime, @RobbieT has posted our Customer Service telephone number above if you need to have this dealt with manually!
    Fresh Eyes
    I'm pleased that it is being looked into and potentially sorted out, but in the end I chose to do it the hard way, by sending what I needed to an existing other linked account, in pieces, then moving it out of there in pieces to where I needed it to be. Good luck to everybody else.