Problem with linking a bank account from my savings account

Your Community Manager
    @epic Sorry this issue is still ongoing 😔 I want to reassure you that we're still fully investigating the root cause of this issue from our end and I really hope to be able to give you all an update soon!
    Pitching in
    @AmyM just highlighting part of my original message you may have missed reading:

"Telephoning is not ideal for me, so I had really hoped the issue would have been resolved by now".

For many reasons eg hearing loss, speech difficulties etc, online banking is often chosen by some customers as a way of them being able to bank effectively where telephone banking would prove difficult. Sadly, many banks don't seem to realise this.
    Pitching in
    As this issue is dragging on far longer than it should be, I remembered I have an old "Instant Access" saver too. Just in case the issue was with "Internet Saver" only, I have now attempted adding a new linked payee to the "Instant Access", but still no joy as it too gives error page.

The current advertising blurb for Internet Saver says:

"
    This savings account gives you 24/7 access to your money"

and for Instant Access Saver says:

"Withdraw and deposit whenever you like"

Now, I appreciate your own input @AmyM is limited to highlighting the issue to your technical colleagues and then chasing them for an outcome, but unfortunately this does not seem to be effective at present and perhaps you need to involve your superiors in pushing technical colleagues for a quicker resolution.

The system worked fine before and so surely it could be rolled back, even temporarily, to the working version?

Perhaps both advertising/marketing 'blurbs' should be amended to also say "but if there is a technical problem then it might take weeks and weeks". However I am sure this would not make good marketing to attract new customers, yet existing customers, it seems, are expected to just accept such a long wait for a solution and be happy to be told that it is being looked into. How long should existing customers realistically be expected to wait?
    Last edited by savermum; 21-12-22 at 11:02. Reason: Add to
    Pitching in
    @AmyM still no fix? Should we be submitting complaints instead of waiting patiently for a positive outcome here on Community?

Is it also now affecting existing linked payees too https://community.tescobank.com/thre...7636#post57636 ?
    Your Community Manager
    Morning @savermum

I've been on annual leave for Christmas, so apologies there's been no update during this time.

The latest update from the incident raised is that the fix has been identified and this is scheduled to be implemented in early January, unfortunately we don't have an exact date for this.

I understand that you've already expressed that calling Customer Service isn't an ideal option for you, so if you send us a DM here then we can raise a complaint on your behalf.

Thanks
    Fresh Eyes
    Good afternoon.

I am having trouble linking another bank account thats in my name. I go through the process and when clicking on the submitting button it takes me to a web page saying this isn't working. I've had this page for weeks now and no way of sending the money . Any clues?

Thank you.

Darren
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Your Community Manager
    Hey @Darren51 😊

I've moved your post to this thread as there's a lot of information on here about the ongoing issue.

The latest update that I posted this morning, is that we have identified the root cause and we have a proposed fix for the problem, however this will be deployed in early January.

In the meantime, if you call our Savings Team on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) we'll be able to manually add a linked account for you over the phone 😊

Apologies for the inconvenience, please let me know if you get this sorted via our Savings Team!
    Fresh Eyes
    @AmyM

Thank you for the reply and informative info.

Regards

Darren
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello.

I have been trying to add a linked account to my online saver through online banking but when I click proceed it takes me to a protected webpage but nothing happens. The account I am trying to add is a Santander bank account in my name.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.
    Your Community Manager
    Morning @LPA 😊

I've moved your post to this thread as there's an ongoing incident with linked accounts and all of the updates and support are being linked through here, hope that's ok 😊

The latest update we have is that a fix for this issue has been identified and will be deployed early this month, I will hopefully have a fixed date for this soon and provide a further update to you all.

In the meantime, if you call our Savings Team on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) we'll be able to manually add a linked account for you over the phone 😊

Thanks!