Drive + reward .... timing of quote with discount?

Hi,

I am a new customer to tescobank car insurance. My policy is due to begin on **sensitive info removed**, I had purchased just yesterday.

It was after this time that I became aware of the app and potential discount.

Is there any way that a discount could be applied now - or should I cancel and resubmit?

Thanks for your time,

Gavin
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi there, the drive and reward app works by giving you a driving score once you have completed 250 miles. Once you have done this you will then be informed if you are entitled to a discount from us. As you need to complete the 250 miles after downloading the app no discount would be applicable for this policy. Once you have downloaded the app and have completed your 250 miles you will then be able to use any relevant discounts on a new policy with us. I hope this cleared up some of the confusion. Thanks – Sarah.
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded and have driven 250 miles since downloading the app - my score qualified me for the 20% discount.

I am a new policy holder, with the policy I bought last week due to start **sensitive info removed**.

Am I entitled to apply my discount to my policy given that I only found out about the app after purchasing the policy? Bearing in mind that I have qualified for the 20% discount.

Thanks

Gavin
    Employee
    Hi Gavin, you would need to cancel your policy and start a new one if you wish to use any relevant discounts. The discount can only be applied to a new quote and not one that has already started unfortunately. I hope this helps – Sarah.