Holiday insurance cancellation cover limit

Fresh Eyes
    Hi all, it does, tbf, say in FAQs that single trip holiday cover is per person, not per policy.

So I probably have had the answer, but just double checking the following.

So I'm taking my kids and their families on holiday in October to celebrate my 60th. Most cancellation cover seems to be max either £10,000 or £12,000. The trip has cost a fair bit more than this and I wanted to double check that should anything untoward happen, and we can't fly/stay in hotels/villa etc. Is the max I'm allowed to claim for the WHOLE group limited to the 10 or 12k cancellation cover, or is that per person? There are 10 of us so cancellation would work out to around 2k per person = around £20k.

if not per person I'll have to look at companies that offer cancellation top up policies but I'd really like to stay away from them.

Appreciate in this current climate I feel a bit guilty talking about these sums for a holiday but I've been saving up for this for nearly 15 years so don't wan't to risk being under insured and lose my hard earned money should the unthinkable happen.

Thanks in advance 😁
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @Withnail. Is your query in relation to Tesco Travel Insurance? If so, then you will need to contact them on 01604 263284 (Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm) where an adviser can assist. I have provided a link below which is for existing travel insurance customers which will guide you to the correct department for your query. Apologies for any inconvenience - Kevin

https://www.tescobank.com/travel-ins...ing-customers/