Joint Credit Card Online Account Access

Fresh Eyes
    Hi, having searched for a few keywords I've not found the answer I'm looking for, so first post here, 'hello'.

My partner and I have a joint credit card. I would like my partner to be able to log into the online portal to download statements and check payments etc.

It seems only the primary account holder has access to the online account portal, is this the case? I don't want to share my account log details and the 2FA means that it always goes to my phone. I have tried registering my partner with the same card number but the site shows an error with that information and won't permit the account creation.

How can two account holders on the same credit card both have access to the online account portal?

Thanks.
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @Elby71, only the primary cardholder would have access to online banking and the mobile app.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    Hi Kelly,
    this is really rubbish functionality. I would not mind so much but you keep pestering me to switch off paper statements.
    I will never do that whilst the only way for my wife to review our credit card statement (except by me manually printing it each month) is to have a paper copy in the post.
    please can you stop pestering me in the app and online.
    Employee
    Hi @Bengeo180, thanks for your message. A Credit Card account is not a joint account. The Primary Card Holder is solely responsible for the account and any other persons added to the account are 'Additional Card Holders'. As the Primary Card holder is responsible for the account, then that is why they should be the only ones accessing the online banking or mobile app. You can if you wish, share your online login details with the Additional Card holders but that is entirely up to you.