ATM Balance showing differently to my online banking one. Why?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I transferred £450 into my account yesterday, and adding that to the £2 that was already in there the balance was then £452.

Later in the evening I withdrew £50.

The receipt showed the available balance as £802.00.

Today I checked my account online and it shows, correctly, as £402.00

Why is this?
  • 2 Replies

There could be several reasons why your ATM balance is showing differently from your online banking balance. Here are some possible explanations:

1. Time lag: Your ATM balance may be showing an older balance than your online banking account due to a time lag in processing transactions. It's possible that you made a recent transaction that has not yet been reflected in your ATM balance.
    2. Holds: Your ATM balance may be showing a different balance due to holds placed on your account for pending transactions, such as a purchase made with a debit card. These holds can affect your available balance, even if the transaction hasn't yet been processed.
    3. System errors: Occasionally, there may be errors in the ATM system or online banking system that cause discrepancies between the two balances. These errors can be temporary and often resolve themselves within a short period.
    4. Fees: Your ATM balance may be showing a different balance due to fees charged by the bank or ATM operator. These fees can reduce your available balance and may not be immediately reflected in your online banking balance.

If you're concerned about the discrepancies between your ATM balance and your online banking balance, it's always a good idea to contact your bank or financial institution for clarification. They can review your account and transactions to help you understand the differences and resolve any issues.
    Employee
    Hello @ADEMPSEY56🙂

Thanks for getting in touch. So we can check this for you, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link.