Provisional insurance to full license insurance?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I currently have Tesco provisional car insurance. My question is this:

Once I have become a full license owner within 4 months of the 12 month policy. What would be the effect of having to end my current provincial policy and start a new full driving licence policy?

As I plan on staying with Tesco's, I'm assumming the amount I paid for the provisional insurance could be added onto the new policy. Would this be the case?

For context: my provisional insurance was £780 per year (which I paid in full 4 months ago) the average insurance quote from Tesco as a full license holder at that time was £1500. After the cancellation of the provisional policy, would I receive 8 months of that money back, in which I could then add towards the new one?
    I'm also assuming there may be a cancellation fee.

Any information would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Enaud1983; 14-03-23 at 12:31. Reason: Misspelling
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hello @Enaud1983 🙂

Thanks for getting in touch. You wouldn't be given a new policy; we would just update the current policy with the new licence details. The premium would be re-rated, and any additional premium would cover from that date until the end of the policy. We can't provide a quote until you do pass however it will invariably increase.