0% balance transfer end dates

Fresh Eyes
    Why is it so hard for Tesco to put information about the expiry dates of 0% transfer deals on monthly statements?

I know that I can phone up and ask, but, and I can not stress this enough, it should not be necessary.

Every other card issuer I use is able to do it. Why not Tesco?
  • 5 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @gavzgrafting, we'll provide a reminder at the top of your statement two months prior to the expiry date. If you're registered for Online Banking, you'll also receive an email reminder 21 days before it expires. If not, you'll receive a letter 21 days before. I'll pass on your feedback as an improvement suggestion.

We can also confirm any expiry dates on your account if you send us over a private message to Tesco-Bank here.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    @KellyT Thanks, judging by the number of similar queries on the issue from other card users in this community, and the amount of time it must take answering them, it seems like an obvious solution to be upfront with the information.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, why would Tesco Bank want to make the information less accessible?

One could make the argument that by placing the onus on customers to request the information there is a higher possibility of them losing control of their debt and unintentionally falling into a situation where the amount is not cleared by the expiry date of the 0% deal.

Sending a reminder shortly before the deal expires may not allow sufficient time to deal with the matter.
    Staff
    @gavzgrafting I'm sorry you feel this information is less accessible. @KellyT has passed your comments on as feedback to the relevant team. We value all customer feedback as we use this to help making decisions and changes in future. I'm sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
    Apprentice
    @gavzgrafting Passing feedback to the relevant team is not good enough if nothing is done by those to whom it is passed. Kelly, despite your assurance in March 2023, there is no reminder AT THE TOP of my May 2023 statement telling me that the promotional rate is coming to an end. In the summary of balances it is not included either. It is unacceptable not to have this information on the statements so that customers know each time they receive their statement when their promotional offer will end. Perhaps this is an issue which could interest the Financial Ombudsman?. If a number of people wrote to the Ombudsman about their dissatisfaction with Tesco's transparency then maybe Tesco would change.

Tesco has no problem writing marketing emails to customers but seems to have the greatest difficulty in emailing customers well in advance advising them that the promotional offer is coming to an end. Come on, be transparent Tesco, and employ customer service staff who will immediately act upon feedback instead of merely passing it on to someone else.
    Last edited by kayserbonder; 02-07-23 at 08:17. Reason: needed to add something
    Employee
    @kayserbonder thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry to hear there is no reminder on your May statement. So we can check this for you, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link.