Can't Log In To Tesco Bank/Clubcard Pay+ Using Ipad

Fresh Eyes
    Up to a month ago I had no problems logging in to my Tesco Bank/Clubcard Pay+ account using my iPad. Now, after I use the correct user name and password, the 'Good evening' page displays for a split second before the app abruptly shuts down. Repeated attempts produce the same result. I have no problems with any other app. Have you done something to make the Tesco app buggy?
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @TimeLord we don't officially support the Mobile App on iPads - only Android Phones, iPhones and Apple Watches. We understand customers have previously been able to access the Mobile App on iPads, however this doesn't seem to be possible after the latest iOS update. As we do not officially support the app on iPads, this is not likely to change, I'm afraid. You can still access your account on your iPad by logging in to Online Banking on a browser. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    Up to a month ago I had no problems logging in to my Tesco Bank/Clubcard Pay+ account using my iPad. Now, after I use the correct user name and password, the 'Good evening' page displays for a split second before the app abruptly shuts down. Repeated attempts produce the same result. I have no problems with any other app. Have you done something to make the Tesco app buggy?
    Thank you for your response, Kelly T. Tesco do seem to make it awkward for their customers. I don't bother with smartphones, preferring to use a Windows 10 desktop PC. By using an Android app player called BlueStacks, I am able to access the Google app store on my PC and have no problems handling bank accounts offerd by app only banks such as Tandem Bank and can also use, for example, Asda Rewards which is app only and just print off the barcodes. However, although there ARE Tesco apps in the Google store I can access via BlueStacks, I cannot find one for Tesco Bank. Just about every other bank under the Sun is there, but not Tesco. Just so annoying! I CAN access my Tesco Bank/Clubcard Pay+ account via online banking but, for reasons only known to Tesco, it's impossible to download pdf statements via online banking (some other functions are also disabled) so I have to resort to screenshots or copy and paste, which is messy. I have complained to Tesco but they don't seem to be bothered. Hence, I don't use the Clubcard Pay+ card any more. The old Tesco current account had full functionality in Windows 10.
    Staff
    @TimeLord I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this causes. I've passed your comments on as feedback to the relevant team today. In terms of downloading statements from Online Banking as a PDF, could you let us know a bit more information about the issues you've been having?
    Fresh Eyes
    @TimeLord I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this causes. I've passed your comments on as feedback to the relevant team today. In terms of downloading statements from Online Banking as a PDF, could you let us know a bit more information about the issues you've been having?
    Hi RobbieT. Logging into my Clubcard Pay+ account using Online Banking, on the My Overview tab I can see my accounts. Clicking on the arrow gets me to Your Transactions, and the choice to display them in a Grid or List formation. And that's the total functionality in Tesco Onbline Banking. I can get a record of the transactions by either taking a screenshot of them or doing copy and paste. There is no access to monthly statements and no access to download monthly statements as pdfs. Neither is it possible to pull money in or send money out using Tesco Online Banking. The only way to get money in is to do it via my Santander account while the only way to get money out is to spend it using the card or withdraw it using an ATM. So, pretty functionless, which is why I stopped using it and have gone back to my good old fashioned Clubcard. Tesco are well aware of these issues. They keep giving me questionnaires to fill in. I duly fill them in and nothing happens. They obviously don't care about providing an Online banking service. As explained above, I can't access the account via my iPad any more, and whereas I can access Android apps using BlueStacks on my Winbdows PC, there is no Tesco Banking app anywhere on the Google store, though every other bank is there. I am not buying a smartphone just to be able to use one app! The defunct Tesco current account worked alright on online banking while it was around.