Late payment and credit report

View Tag Cloud
    Just looking
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation as I find myself in.

I recently changed my direct debit due date and the amount on my Tesco credit card which has led to my direct debit not being drawn on the payment date resulting in a "Late Payment Fee".

As soon as I noticed the late payment fee, I manually made a payment clearing my balance in full 3 days after the payment date. This payment is shown on the statement alongside the late payment fee.

I have called credit card support and they have reversed the late payment fee which will show on the following statement but were not able to give me a clear answer regarding whether this will be reported as a late payment on my credit report.

They did confirm that there is usually a 30-day window in which, as long as you make a payment in the window, they consider this to be a payment made therefore no reason to leave a mark.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and can share what happened. If Tesco want to jump in as well that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you,
    Logan

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to ask me anything else that could help, please let me know :)
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Logancullum Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. What we report to the credit reference agencies must be factual and accurate to reflect your statement at the end of each month. In this case your report will show your account is up to date, so this won't negatively impact on your file. I hope this clarifies things for you.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Just looking
    Hi @ChristopherP

Thank you for your reply.

Yes this clarifies this for me. Happy to know this will not show anything negative on my credit report.

I will follow up on this post at the end of the month once my report has been generated to confirm.

Thank you again!