How do I use my Tesco Balance Transfer card to pay off a store card?

Fresh Eyes
    Can I use my Tesco Balance Transfer card to pay off a store card, such a Very or Next?
  • 2 Replies

Fresh Eyes
    In general, a balance transfer card allows you to transfer existing credit card balances from one credit card to another with the goal of consolidating debt or obtaining a lower interest rate. Typically, balance transfers are done between credit cards from different issuers, and the balance is transferred to the new card, often with an introductory period of low or no interest.
    Whether or not you can use a Tesco Balance Transfer card to pay off a store card such as Very or Next would depend on the terms and conditions of your specific Tesco Balance Transfer card, as well as the policies of Very, Next, and the credit card issuers involved. You would need to review the terms and conditions of your Tesco Balance Transfer card, including any fees, interest rates, and promotional periods, to determine if it allows for balance transfers to pay off other store cards. Additionally, you would need to check with Very, Next, and the respective credit card issuers to see if they accept balance transfers from Tesco Balance Transfer cards.
    Your Community Expert
    @Emilylois Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Provided you have an account with a card number, you'll be able to arrange this. You can find out how to make a transfer here. Please be aware, however, that some of these cards have 15 numbers rather than 14. If this is the case, you'll need to call us on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) to arrange this manually. Hope this helps 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !