Mobile app

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Is anybody having problems logging into the banking app? I can log in on the website fine.
    What can I do?
    thank you
    James
  • 4 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi @Jamesgrisedale, sorry to hear this. Have you been able to login since your last message?
    Just looking
    @Jamesgrisedale

Hi James, you're not alone. The app is broken, and has been for at least a month. Numerous people on here have posted about it, including me, but I don't know what's being done about it. I was told it was being looked into but there is no further update or response to my latest message.

You should have a look at the reviews of the app on Google Play Store - hundreds of 1 star reviews have been added in the last few weeks, all by users reporting the same issue, but Tesco either can't or won't fix it. For a banking app, this is incredibly bad service. Like many others, I will be voting with my feet and moving elsewhere shortly.

You should be able to log in via the website, that seems to be the only solution. Not much use though if you want to do anything on your phone, or authorise any online transactions !
    I am having the same with Mobile App on android, in the last 2 months it has been terrible.

I have also found the app incredible slow when requesting data or information as it moves between screens.

For the login steps to reproduce:

• Try to Open App
    • Tesco app opens and I get the animated circle waiting
    • This takes a long time, I then get warnings saying the app is not responding, I can then either close the app, wait or send feedback.
    • If I then close the app and the re-open the finger print then almost immediately appears.
    • I then get further messages asking to close the other app instance down.

Sometimes the app gets stuck and I can't log in with the finger print at all and I have to enter pass code etc. which it never accepts even though I can use them on the web, as a result I have to clear the cache, delete the app and reinstall it.

Other users I can see are having similar issues on the app store reviews.

The absolute worst case here is that I can't now pay for things online as the app hangs.

Seems to be worse at the weekend.

Looks like to me that you have performance problems with your login APIs or something the code of that App that is causing it to hang.

I am using Samsung S21 Android 13 latest version of the app version 4.23.
    Fresh Eyes
    @Tesco-Bank I have uninstalled the app several times then reinstalled for it to use once. It keeps saying unable to log in. Also everytime I reinstall the app its saying I've logged in with a new device.
    becoming annoying now
    Thank you