Tesco Bank Credit Card-Merge Limits?

Supervisor
    Good morning The Community. I've recently applied for the 0% Purchases Tesco Bank credit card which I received in the post yesterday. I already have the Tesco Bank Foundation Card (since May 2016). If I decided to in the future is it at all possible to merge the limits thus closing the Foundation Card in the process?

Thank you.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hey , I'm glad to hear you've got your new card through. I hope the Foundation Card was able to help during your time using that.

I'm afraid there's no way we can possibly merge these limits together at the moment but as you use your new card and continue to make payments on time, there is the likelihood we will automatically increase your credit limit, if you opt in for this. Alternatively, once you've had that card for 12 months you can apply for a credit limit increase and every 6 months after that, if you wanted to try and build it up yourself without the automatic increase feature.

Edit: Since posting this message, we have changed our policy and you can call our Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 to discuss this further.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 22-01-21 at 15:03. Reason: OH
    Supervisor
    Thanks Nick. I'll leave the cards to run concurrently for now and see what happens in the future.