Can't pay my credit card via app

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

Do Tesco staff read these messages or is it just a forum for customers to scream into the void?

Is anyone else having ongoing issues with the stupid app? I can't seem to make a payment either via card or via direct link to my main bank account. I've used both successfully in the past, but the last few months have been really hit and miss. At the moment nothing works, I just get a message saying payment hasn't worked. It's rubbish. And if I end up being late with my payment and incurring interest, I will not be a happy bunny.
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @anthobbs Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Yeah, we read your messages. Are you using the 'pay by bank' feature in the app? If so, are you being redirected to your banking app to verify the payment?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    Thanks. I tried by card and pay by bank. The card option hasn't worked for a few weeks now. The pay by bank is just really temperamental. It always connects OK to my bank app where I authorise the payment, then when transferring back it just crashes and the Tesco app says "we're sorry, we couldn't complete your request." I tried it again this morning and it failed again. However, on checking my other bank's app at lunch time, I can see that the payment has been made - twice! It's all a bit of a mess, really. As I say, it worked fine by card or pay by bank up until maybe a few months ago. Don't know if there has been an app update or something but it's been really unreliable recently.