Suspicious Activity Texts

Also received a "fraud" text last night giving a number to call that was not one of the contact numbers on the Tesco website, so I didn't trust it. Checked my account on line and there is no suspicious activity. Called the website-listed fraud number last night (45 minutes holding and then gave up), again this morning (1 hour holding before I gave up). Tried replying to the text and the send did not complete, several times, in spite of good signal - so looks like Tesco are refusing to accept messages (unless I'm replying to a fraudster). Even risked calling the number in the text, but just got the same Tesco queue and messages.Bottom line - impossible to comply with request to contact them. If they "really want to talk to me" they need a better system.So how am I to find out if there's genuine problem or not?
    I will be moving my money, not because I am worried about fraud (as Tesco would have to refund that in full) but because the response to this incident has been appaling and shows complete contempt for customers. Even now the information being given is mis-leading: I have not been notified that my account was blocked. I have been asked to call Tesco which I did and after waiting for three hours spoke to a woman who didn't know anything. How about a clearer statement Tesco, and an apology for all the time everyone has wasted? For example tell us: 1) What has actually happened?2) How long will it take to issue refunds/correct balances?3) Are accounts actually blocked?4) How do customers get them unblocked and how long will it take?5) What do customers who don't have access to other funds do while their account is blocked?6) Apart from card details what else has been compromised? Should people be worried that confidential information such as date of birth, passwords and transaction details have been compromised? 7) How should customers who have an unrelated, but urgent problem get in touch given the bank appears to be in meltdown? And probably the least important...6) If my card is blocked will it still function as a Clubcard in Tesco? And finally:7) How to make a complaint given the phone lines may as well be closed and Social Media is still ignoring people?
    Received txt and e-mail last night, rang and was on hold 107 minutes last night before I gave up. Rang three times again this morning, now been holding over an hour. Come on Tesco get your act together and put in call back system!
    Why cannot I get through? You are causing me worry but cannot get to anyone on phone or twitter. I have found more out on BBC news!!
    wrote:
    Why cannot I get through? You are causing me worry but cannot get to anyone on phone or twitter. I have found more out on BBC news!!We can't get through because Tesco won't give out any information through their website or social media channels, so thousands of customers are trying to call. If they were more honest with customers about what was going on, people wouldn't need to call and the phone lines would not be blocked. I think if Tesco answer the questions I left a few posts ago, they would find their call volumes drop off and people who really urgently need help (like those who use Tesco as their only account and have no access to other funds) could get through. Amazingly the twitter people have just replied to an old post from yesterday to wish someone a nice weekend and to someone asking in Italian if they can have a loan...
    I have received a text message and email at 10pm last night. I tried to get through to them from. 10 of clock onwards eventually getting through at 1:30 am. If you decide to block cards as a precaution maybe it would be an idea to have the resources to answer your customers enquiries. I felt sorly for your call centre staff trying with as the tesco way limit resources.
    Still non the wiser as to what has happened and Why. Still do not know when I will be able to use my card
    What are Tesco doing to put this right
    I have been on hold for a total of almost 2hours this morning. My accounts seem to be ok at the moment but 'tis is a serious breech as the account I received the text about the debit card had never been used!
    Yet Tesco's silence continues.  can you answer my questions please? Why are you forcing everyone to spend hours waiting to speak to somoene who cannot help, rather than putting the information online?
    Appalling service here. Woken at 4am to say contact urgently. Spent over 3 hours on hold. No answer. Account compromise seems not to the account quoted in the text but another one. This is now costing all of your customers, Tesco. About time you posted information publicly. The compromised account has never been used other than for internal transfers so this feels like a very serious internal breach (rather than customer fault).
    Tried three times to get through and was on hold for almost an hour each time.
    Just phoned again and pleased to hear that you have updated the message informing affected accounts will be sent new debit cards. I can't locate any suspicious activity so will wait and see if I get a new card as can't spend anymore time trying to talk to understaffed customer services.