Suspicious Activity Texts

No text message from me. I have identified a shortfall of over £1600 between balance and funds available. My bank account has been drained bar £29! This is digusting. I have been on hold for over an hour. Please could you contact me urgently. Thanks.
    Absolute disgrace. I find out about this potential fraud on the national news at midday Sunday 6th Novmeber. My family surname starts with a W. My mother, forename starting E, receives the text at ~13:30 SundayMy wife, forename starting M, receives the text at ~18:30 SundayI, forename starting S, receive the text at ~22:30 Sunday None of us has received any email notification. My mother is unable to move funds via online banking, neither between Tesco accounts nor to an external account, but my wife and I both can. Support and accurate information is completely unobtainable even after a seemingly interminable wait on the phone. We wil all be moving our money away from Tesco Bank at the ealiest opportunity and, because of this inexcusible epsiode, assume we will be able to close fixed term accounts without penalty.
    Checked my account I had the maximum balance of £3,000 but available has dropped to £574.53

So I've been done for over £2,400

Didn't get any sleep last night, still extremely upset. My card has NEVER been used at an ATM or at any retailer or on-online. So it's not a 3rd party retailer.

Spoke to Tesco after 1hr 20 mins on hold, like others, just waiting for a call back and no sign of my £2,400 today. I'm taking the day off work, I can't go in feeling as low as this.
    So not worry. TESCO staff should be providi reassurance but in their absence I will try to help.

1. Their CEO says they will refund all losses
    2. The Financial Ombudsmen Service would almost certainly force them to refund if for any reason Tesco declined.

So try not to worry too much. I Would spend the time lookin at Money Saving Expert to choose your new bank account. There are a few switchin bonuses available still.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi, I'm locking this thread to point to the one that went out this morrning - we'll keep the latest information and responses there and have the conversation in one place. We are working to get you the details you need. Please reply on Message for Current Account customers