Message for Current Account customers

Employee
     You don't have to call in if you've received this text - this has been sent to all of our Current Account customers and we would ask you to please continue monitoring your account for any suspicious activity and if you notice anything to call us.
    Hopefully you're not affected by this.
    Same issues here, been told by txt we can use ATM and chip & pin but both failed this morning. We've got £20 cash for a family of 3 and pets for food/essentials/petrol/school lunch....how long are we expected to go with no access to money?
    You have had our details and. Even promised a call back yesterday morning and still waiting. Awful customer service. I understand the need to block accounts but you are giving us no information. The only information coming to use is False!
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I work for the Daily Mail and am trying to find people who have been affected by the hack for an article I am writing. Would you be willing to speak to me? Please email me at [email protected] if you are. Many thanks.
    I had text message telling me about fraudulent activity on acccounts , it says you can still use chip snd pin but i tried twice yesterday and my card was blocked , anyone else had same problem ? wrote:
    Tesco Bank can confirm that, over the weekend, some of its customers’ current accounts have been subject to online criminal activity, in some cases resulting in money being withdrawn fraudulently. We apologise for the worry and inconvenience that this has caused for customers, and can only stress that we are taking every step to protect our customers’ accounts. That is why, as a precautionary measure, we have taken the decision today to temporarily stop online transactions from current accounts. This will only affect current account customers. While online transactions will not be available, current account customers will still be able to use their cards for cash withdrawals, chip and pin payments, and all existing bill payments and direct debits will continue as normal. We are working hard to resume normal service on current accounts as soon as possible. We continue to work with the authorities and regulators to address the fraud and will keep our customers informed through regular updates on our website, twitter and direct communication.
    We can reassure customers that any financial loss as a result of this activity will be resolved fully by Tesco Bank, and we are working to refund accounts that have been subject to fraud as soon as possible.
    Benny Higgins
    Chief Executive
    When I received the text I assumed it was a hoax as it contained a spelling mistake. Or is there such a thing as telephony banking? wrote:
    Tesco Bank can confirm that, over the weekend, some of its customers’ current accounts have been subject to online criminal activity, in some cases resulting in money being withdrawn fraudulently. We apologise for the worry and inconvenience that this has caused for customers, and can only stress that we are taking every step to protect our customers’ accounts. That is why, as a precautionary measure, we have taken the decision today to temporarily stop online transactions from current accounts. This will only affect current account customers. While online transactions will not be available, current account customers will still be able to use their cards for cash withdrawals, chip and pin payments, and all existing bill payments and direct debits will continue as normal. We are working hard to resume normal service on current accounts as soon as possible. We continue to work with the authorities and regulators to address the fraud and will keep our customers informed through regular updates on our website, twitter and direct communication.
    We can reassure customers that any financial loss as a result of this activity will be resolved fully by Tesco Bank, and we are working to refund accounts that have been subject to fraud as soon as possible.
    Benny Higgins
    Chief Executive
    Thanks AdamF but I have now been able to log in.
    Employee
    Hi , I'm really sorry that you've been unable to use the card this morning and you've been left with so little available cash. We're aiming to resolve this for our customers as soon as we can.
    Can you please send me a Private Message including your full name, DOB, postcode and mob number with a space between each character? This will let me check this further for you.
    Employee
     if you've not noticed any funds going missing from your account then please continue to monitor your account over the next 7 - 10 days and if you do notice anything please get in touch. Otherwise you don't need to confirm anything.
    Come get your act together. Yesterday i was told that i would be able to continue with electronic banking, not be able to use atm or in store debit card. Now I have recieved info saying you cant use internet banking and instore debit card transactions but can use atms. Why am I able to use internet banking via the app but now ive gone to an ATM it states contact your bank.Rung Tesco just now and the guy kept going round in circles and said not sure why but should get a new card yet not recieved any communication stating i will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I posted a question earlier, but it wasn't answered.In our case there is a substantial difference between the Balance on one hand and the Available Balance on the other. The difference doesn't represent any transactions we have made and is, I reiterate, substantial. My question was / is, do I get in touch or can we assume that Tesco Bank is aware of the fraud affecting our account specifically?Thank you.