Message for Current Account customers

Employee
     Sorry that you've been unable to use your card because of this and that such a large sum is pending. Can you please send a private message to  with your full name, DOB, postcode and mobile number? When sending your details please include a space in between each character.
    Employee
     If you've received this text then we will need to have a new card issued to you. Whilst you're waiting on this you should still be able to use your current card for chip and pin and ATM transactions but not online or contactless ones. Please continue to monitor your account over the next 7 - 10 working days for any suspicious activity and if you notice anything please get in touch.
    I was told over the phone by one of your collage that they would contact me
    Employee
     If you have been advised of this over the phone then you will receive a call back as soon as we are able to complete this.
    Employee
    Hi  I'm sorry for the issues you've had and that you have been affected by this incident. Direct debits shouldnot be affected by this issue and it will not stop any money being paid into your account. If you send  a message with the details and format requested from other customers we can look into this for you.
    Why oh why do you compound a difficult problem for your customer by lying? You LIED about being able to withdraw cash from a machine. My card was rejected, so you have effectivley stolen my money and compounded the problems i have in paying my bills. wrote:
    Tesco Bank can confirm that, over the weekend, some of its customers’ current accounts have been subject to online criminal activity, in some cases resulting in money being withdrawn fraudulently. We apologise for the worry and inconvenience that this has caused for customers, and can only stress that we are taking every step to protect our customers’ accounts. That is why, as a precautionary measure, we have taken the decision today to temporarily stop online transactions from current accounts. This will only affect current account customers. While online transactions will not be available, current account customers will still be able to use their cards for cash withdrawals, chip and pin payments, and all existing bill payments and direct debits will continue as normal. We are working hard to resume normal service on current accounts as soon as possible. We continue to work with the authorities and regulators to address the fraud and will keep our customers informed through regular updates on our website, twitter and direct communication.
    We can reassure customers that any financial loss as a result of this activity will be resolved fully by Tesco Bank, and we are working to refund accounts that have been subject to fraud as soon as possible.
    Benny Higgins
    Chief Executive
    When are we compensated for the massive inconvenience of not being able to bank online? Apologies and pandering are not good enough -- this should not have happened in the first place, and it's hugely unfair that customers suffer as a result of Tesco Bank's poor security.
    Thanks for the quick response Adam. Fully appreciate it as I can see you are busy. I've withdrawn cash on the card so using it isnt an issue but will be monitoring my account closely. Once again thank you
    I agree its very easy to say sorry, that's simply not good enough. Tesco should issue a fully detailed explanation as to what went wrong, what it's doing to prevent this in future, what compesation it will provide for all the customer its harrased and continues to harass so far. If you can't then I might as well move my savings and fund out of your bank to someone that cares about its customers.
    The text said I can use my card, but I cannot use my debit card and my card is being declined at ATMs.
    It's not just inconvenient, but so embarrassing I can't even pay for parking!
    Will my direct debits be blocked too?

Will my card be re activated, or do I need a new one?

It's not like there is even a branch we can go to for help