Strange letters from Tesco Bank.

Just looking
    Today my wife and myself had letters from Tesco saying they didn't have our correct email addresses. That would explain why neither of us had emails about the attempted fraud that I noticed when someone tried to steal £300 over the weekend. Nor did I get a text about the l account that was effected. Except that the bank does have the correct email addresses for both of us and I've just wasted my time double-checking. It's there shown in both accounts. I don't intend to spend another couple of hours trying to phone them as I did yesterday to give them information they already have. I also found that the address given in a later text for this board was wrong and gave a 404 error. Tesco Bank seem to be in bit of a mess.
  • 8 Replies

Hi ,

I apologise for the delay in responding and the issues you have had with your notifications. The letters regarding your email address must have been sent in error as you have checked them. Please let us know if it happens again and we will investigate further but it would seem likely to be a one off incident.

I hope that the issues with the fraudulent transaction have now been resolved but if you do need anything else please message with your details so we can help - Tristan
    Banned
    Yes I have just received the same letter despite also receiving emails from tescobank. Same as you I have checked online and my registered email is same as it was. The letter was from James Devlin ,Head of Operations,Transactional Banking,Tesco Bank.I too wonder what is going on??
    Employee
    Hi

Could you send your details as mentioned above by Tristan and we can look into this for you?
    Banned
    Yes I have emailed the details, requested by email from Tesco bank to my email address which is the same as the one in the letter which says it is a problem. ? One part of Tesco Bank is using the address to email me and another part is saying it does not exist or is not valid.?This thread could or should be linked to todays 18th November posting about letters requesting email and phone comfirmation from other customers.
    Employee
    Hi , have you forwarded on the details to at all? I've had a look and haven't found one from yourself. Could you please send these on to us so we can have a look into this and get back to you? When you send the information please also include who your provider is and if you received emails from us before you started getting these letters/emails.

We are aware of there being an ongoing issue with these from BT email addresses but it could be an intermittent problem with others and as soon as an email fails to reach its destination, one of these notifications is automatically generated.
    Banned
    Thank you NickJ . I have forwarded all my info to Customer relations at Tesco Bank by email and I have had correspondence back and forward by email quite successfully. That should answer your questions and request for info, I hope.It seems that this is ongoing and each time I have to give information over channels that are not secure I feel less safe dealing with Tesco bank by this variety of different means. I do recognise that you are all doing your best and thank you for this , but the underlying system of communication and information exchange seems flawed.
    Banned
    Ah yes it all makes sense now. I shall write to BT and ask them why I do not use them for email. Just a bit slow it must be the weather. Thanks.