Unrecognised transaction - now recognised

Helper
    I noticed a transaction on my credit card that I did not recognise based on the name against the transaction. Called TB to report and eventually (based on the details TB were able to tell me) we agreed it was likely fraudulent and so my card was stopped and the transaction reported so as to receive a refund. New card being issued.
    A day later I was checking via the App, and I noticed the name of the merchant for this transaction has now changed - and now of course I do recognise it! Silly of me but I authorised payment for this more than a month ago but it's only just been taken and so based on the original description I did not put 2 and 2 together.
    I presume there is not much I can do now - I'll just have to wait for the merchant to contact me and then I can pay again with my new card hopefully? I presume it's not worth calling TB to try and "uncancel" the transaction and let it go through?
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    @PBUT Hey there, thanks for getting in touch 😊 So, we can help you further with this, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link.