New to my job, can I get a loan?

• Tags for this Thread
  • loans
View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I am 1 month into my job. I have been unemployed for 6 months due to finishing my university degree but have previously had secure employment.

will only having been in my job for 1 month affect my likelihood of securing a personal loan?

thanks
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @lislejoynson Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. You can check your eligibility and the probability of being accepted here. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    I have done this. I have received an eligibility score if 80%. I would like to know if this ‘soft credit search’ is capable of looking at how long I have been at my job? As I have only been here a month and only received 1 payslip (for 3 weeks not a full month salary), I am concerned that this will negatively affect my application. I an not in a probationary period as my employer does not use probationary periods.

please can you advise me whether I am likely to be accepted (assuming all else is positive) if I have only been in my job for 1 month and have only received a partial months salary on my payslip?

thanks
    Investigator
    That's a soft check 80 percent is a good percent so if you make the application then tesco will do a hard search and give you a decision straight away and the funds will be in your account 24 hours or it might get referred for further checks and might ask you for more information but 80 percentage I would go and fill the form in proper but if you can see your credit report make sure your putting on the application the correct details no spelling errors no mistakes the proper monthly income and expenses and address and how long as this will not go though if the information is incomplete or incorrectly inputted even you wages and also how long you lived at your address look at your credit file it will tell you the exact date
    Also tesco use transuion and Experian they don't use equifax
    Your Community Expert
    @lislejoynson It will be taken into consideration that you are in permanent employment with no probationary period. We're not able to confirm whether you'd be likely to be accepted or not, I'm afraid, as we will perform a full credit search and then make a decision based upon that.