Cannot use mobile app - ridiculous!

Fresh Eyes
    1 - so as a security measure I now need android 8.1 to use the app on my phone
    2 - I have a Huwawei P10 lite, and cannot update 8.1!
    3 - yet, I can still log in to the website and access my credit card on the very same phone without 8.1?!? Really good security.... Hmm
    4 - but, without the app, I can no longer purchase anything online as I cannot verify my purchase with 2 stage security!
    5 - No other banks or credit card companies I use have done this, so what makes Tesco so special?
    6 - outcome =will have to close this credit card and move to a provider who actually helps their customer!

This is totally ridiculous Tesco!! An absolute joke....
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Jasonimber Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate this must be frustrating, however to download and use our mobile app, your device's operating system will need to be running Android 8.1 or above. You can read about this here. As you have pointed out, you still have access to the account via Online Banking. If you call the Credit Card team they will be able to update your account so you can verify purchases via SMS. You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help. Apologies for any inconvenience.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !