Motor Insurance and Caravan Towing.

Fresh Eyes
    I am looking at my quotation to use Tesco Insurance for the coming year but several items are missing from the questionaire and I cant find answers.
    My car is fitted with a towbar, fitted before I bought the car secondhand either when manufactured or by the previous owner, I do not know. I also tow a two berth caravan and have done since 1975. How do I advise Tesco about this or do they not need to know. Please advise me.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @douglas1943 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. A tow-bar isn't classed as a modification so you don't need to add this to the quote. However, if you go ahead and purchase the policy we can add a note to the policy to reflect that the vehicle has one fitted.

When towing any single trailer, trailer caravan, or broken-down vehicle, the cover provided for the insured vehicle is the same as provided in the policy schedule.

However, for the item being towed the cover level under the existing vehicle insurance policy (irrespective of cover level: Comprehensive, etc.) is that of Third Party Only and the item must be attached to the insured vehicle for cover to be in force.

Please be aware, the policy does not cover the repair or replacement of the item being towed.

I hope this helps 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !