Statement & Transactions as CSV/Excel

Fresh Eyes
    The download transactions as CSV (etc) function has been a bit clunky for a while, it quite often errored on the transaction page and I used to just have to copy and paste my transactions out.

It appears that you have now limited the transaction feed to only show 1 weeks worth of data and you cannot ask it to go and get any more? As such, I can't get a whole months worth of transactions into a CSV or XLS format.

The only option is to look at my statement which is in PDF, but I require it into CSV/XLS format so that I can process it for expenses etc.

Please advise on how to get at least the last 30 days of transactions into CSV format.
  • 3 Replies

Administrator
    @prburkis Good afternoon and thank you for getting in touch about this.

The website is set up in a way which should allow you to download your transactions in CSV format for the past 3 statement periods as well as any transactions within the existing statement period if required.

I will set out the steps required to do this via online banking on tescobank.com below:
    1. On the main landing page once you have logged in, click the arrow at the bottom right of the big blue box which shows your credit card balance
    2. Select 'more' then choose 'manage account'
    3. On the left hand panel click 'view transactions'
    4. Underneath current transactions, select the statement period you require* and click 'go'
    5. Next to transaction summary, choose a format to download your transactions and click 'go'

*For the past 30 days of transactions, this is likely to span 2 different statement periods so you may need to download the data for current period and the previous statement period, and delete some transactions as required when filling out your expenses.

If, after following the steps above, you are still unable to complete this without any issues then please try using another web browser. If that makes no difference, please let us know straight away by telling us the device and browsers you are using as well as any error messages you may see, so we can look into it further.

Hope this helps!
    Ronan :)
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi Ronan,

Thanks for your reply.

There's no "Manage Account" option under the "More" drop down, I just get the following:

Name:  tescobank.png
Views: 292
Size:  7.5 KB

There used to be an option to "View More" at the bottom of the transactions screen, but this has now been replaced with "To see more transactions, view or download your statements"

Name:  footer.png
Views: 287
Size:  2.7 KB

Incidentally, if you ever did used to expand the amount of transactions shown (using the button that is no longer there), when you selected "Download as CSV" at the top of the page, it would just crash and take you to an error screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked using Edge browser too (I was using the latest Chrome browser) stame issue.

There is a download all button in the top right, which I've noticed says "Last 90 days of transactions", however, it only actually downloads the transactions that are shown on the screen - which goes back as far as 24th July for me.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 260
Size:  5.0 KB
    Administrator
    Good morning. Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I think it would be best if we can take a closer look at things and raise this with our technical support team.

In order to do this, could you please send us a private message by clicking this link here 😊