Payment to merchant failed but is still a pending payment

Fresh Eyes
    I have a pending payment showing on my credit card from a failed payment to a retailer.
    They have said to wait and it will resolve but it's been 4 days and its a lot of money. Does the retailer have to cancel or process it somehow or will it just resolve if left?
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    @CateT Hey. Thanks for your query. When you make a purchase with a merchant the funds will show as leaving your credit card account straight away. In order for the purchase to go through, the merchant needs to claim the funds at their end. If the payment has failed at their end, the payment will stay in your pending transactions for up to 7-10 working days, after this it will drop off your account.

If the payment does go through to your unbilled statement but your purchase was unsuccessful, I would contact the merchant in the first instance to request for a refund. If they are not able to resolve this for you, you may be able to raise a dispute through ourselves to claim the money back. You can do this here. I hope this helps😀