Late payment due to app error

Fresh Eyes
    Hello,

I'm seeking some advice regarding a payment issue I recently encountered. My payment was due on 30 July, and since 29 July I've been trying to log into the app to make the payment, but unfortunately after the fingerprint stage the app only showed a blank page with an infinite loading symbol, I've tried to login several times without success. Luckily, yesterday, on 1st August, I was finally able to log in and make the payment.

However, I've now noticed that a late payment fee of £ 12 has been added to my statment on July 31, I'm concerned that this might negatively affect my credit rating.

Considering that this was due to an app error and not my fault how can I prevent the late payment fee from impacting my credit rating? And how can I request a refund for the late fee payment?

Best Regards,
    Daniel F.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    @dfe Hey Daniel. Thank you for your query. I'm sorry you experienced this with the app. I'm glad to hear you are back in now. If you send us a direct message here we will be able to look into the late payment that has been applied to your account 😀