Currency approval

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I was ordering euros on my phone, and as always when you do an online payment if a large amount it tells you to go to your bank to approve the transaction. I did that and it was approved, now I've lost the actual Tesco webpage I was using for the transaction....so now what?
    I'm not that tech savvy so did not know how to get it back on my phone. What I want to know is if the bank has approved it, and it's not completed is it void, or will it still go through. I'm worried now.
    My bank app doesn't show any money has been taken, even though its been approved?
    I do hope someone can clarify this for me as nothing tells you what to do if this happens. I am assuming the transaction cannot go ahead, and I need to start from the beginning again?
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Chrisbeni Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like the payment has timed out, so you will need to start again.

When you pay for something on a website or app, occasionally you'll be asked to authorise your payment in our App. You'll have 10 minutes to do this before the payment times out.

If you have push notifications turned on, we'll send a message to your mobile device asking that you authorise the payment. Tap on the notification to be taken straight to the in-app authorisation page.

If you don't have push notifications switched on you can just tap on our App from your phone's home screen.

To confirm your payment, check you're happy with the amount of your purchase and that the card you're using is right.

If you want to go ahead, just select Authorise. Or if you need to, you can cancel or report a suspicious payment from here too.

You'll then confirm your identity using your preferred log in method.

Now select Done and go back to the retailer's website or app.

To complete the payment, head back on the retailer's website or app, and select the I've authorised the payment button.

The retailer will let you know you've successfully made your order.

I hope this helps 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    Fantastic reply thankyou. All sorted now, many thanks