If I stop using the Tesco Bank app.....

View Tag Cloud
    Apprentice
    Hi

Due to a problem I have been experiencing with the Tesco Bank app over the last year and Tesco not being able to fix it, I am thinking of stopping using it or swapping credit cards

the wuestion is : If I stop using the Tesco bank app will I still be asked to Authorise payments, for example on Amazon, and if so, how do I authorise payments if I do not have the app anymore, would it be on the desktop webite?

Thanks
  • 3 Replies

Apprentice
    Months later and this is still happenning!

Why do I have to re set up the banking app every few days ?

It has happenned three times today!

I have also noticed that when I buy stuff online and I need to 'authorise' the payment on the app, it takes ages to receive the 'one-time access code' text.

I click the resend button then they all come through in one go!

Earlier on it took me about 8 minutes to buy something from Amazon!

I tried to ring them on the 'helpline' and i was on there for about the same amount of time, listening to their message about more folk than normal using their helpline etc etc ..IT WAS 11.45PM!!!

Ridiculous!
    Your Community Expert
    @goody2bs Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be.

You certainly shouldn't have to be reinstalling the app every few days for it to work. Which type of device are you using?

You can change to SMS verification if you'd prefer. You would need to call us to arrange this though. You can reach the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!