Authorisation doesn’t work

I am trying to authorise an online purchase, the notification to authorise usually appears briefly on screen and disappears before I can press it, on the occasions when I am able to press it the app proceeds to try and open but does not, it simply sits there with the little wheel whirring away, I have left it for up to five minutes but it never loads.
    I have tried having the app closed and having the app open, neither way works, if the app is already open it simply switches to the annoying authorisation whirring wheel screen.
    The really annoying thing is that this is now showing as a pending transaction but when I go to the online checkout I get a - you need to authorise this payment message.
    The retailer uses PayPal as its card processing company, it would be far better if we were given the option to receive a text instead, the app seems very unreliable - it is not the first time that I have encountered this issue.
    Last edited by Quarryjmiller; 19-08-23 at 06:37. Reason: Grammar
  • 6 Replies

Administrator
    @Quarryjmiller Hey, sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Some common problems which can cause this are if the app is not the most up to date version or if the operating software on your phone is not up to date. I'd encourage you to double check these things and give it another try if applicable. If the previous two things do not apply to you, then please send us a message using this link here, providing your full name, DOB, and credit limit so we can find your account. This way we will be able to have a look and see if there are any issues with the account. Hope this helps 😊
    Thanks for the prompt response, the app is the latest version and I am running iOS 15.5 on an iPhone 11.
    Last edited by Tesco-Bank; 22-08-23 at 07:20. Reason: personal details
    It still does not work, trying unsuccessfully with a different retailer this morning and the spinning wheel is all that happens when I try to authorise from the notification, does anybody know whether Tesco have any actual support for this type of problem because this is just about the end of the road for this card if it cannot be fixed.
    Your Community Expert
    @Quarryjmiller Hey, is the problem still persisting?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Yes it is still not working but I found that after I shut my iPhone down I could achieve a workaround, if I get a notification I make sure that I do not click on it and instead just open the app in the normal way, I usually find a notification there and I can respond to that, it’s not perfect but it does (usually) work. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is still not working but I found that after I shut my iPhone down I could achieve a workaround, if I get a notification I make sure that I do not click on it and instead just open the app in the normal way, I usually find a notification there and I can respond to that, it’s not perfect but it does (usually) work. Thank you.
    Fresh Eyes
    Also in the same boat with the iOS app (up to date app and iOS 17). For saying this is meant to be a secure authentication method, it's also a very unreliable one. I find even not clicking the notification and going into the app normally doesn't even work now and logs me into my account as if nothing happened. I'm baffled there's not a way to access these requests in app so they can be interacted with. Sort it out Tesco.