No longer able to make online purchases .

View Tag Cloud
    Just looking
    Authorisation of online purchases using Tesco credit card requires the mobile App. However, following receipt upgrade. the Mobile app no longer works on my phone as I have Android version 8.0 and app now requires version 8.1 or higher. Hence I can no longer make online purchases unless I buy a new phone!! Is this REALLY the case? I find this incrediblw. Many people do noteven own a smartphone and I am certainly not going to purchase a new phone at a cost upwards of £100 jut for the privilege of using the card online. Instead, I will close my account and take my custom elsewhere along with many more of your long-term customeres, I suspect.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @JoggerG Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate this must be frustrating.

However, if you call us we can set your account up to verify purchases via text message.

You can reach the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !