Tesco sending me a new credit card - second time in a month

View Tag Cloud
    On the look out
    I've just had a notification on the app that to protect me from potential fraud Tesco are sending out a new credit card.

This is the second of these I've had in 2 months. It takes a lot of effort to swap from one credit card to another because I have to update quite a lot of places that have my stored card. Any idea what's going on? Are people just losing my credit card details all the time on the web?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @davidf123213 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be.

If a third party retailer makes us aware that some of our customers' details may have been compromised, we have to stop those cards affected with immediate effect. This is intended to protect your account against any potential fraud.

However, it is unusual to happen twice in a month so I'd suggest calling the Credit Card team so they can have a closer look into this.

You can reach the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!