Cash Transaction Fee

Fresh Eyes
    There is a cash transaction fee of £1.20 appearing weekly on my card, how do I find where it is from?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    @Robbiep12 Hey, thanks for your query.

When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate.This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: gambling transactions, wire/international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, purchasing gift cards, investments, share trading and spread betting.

Have you made any of those types of payments? If so, you will see interest charged over three statements. The first statement will show the cash transaction fee and the interest from the date of the transaction until the statement came out.

The second statement will show interest accounting for the period between the first statement coming out and the balance being paid in full. In the third month interest accrues on interest from statement date until date paid in full. This will be the final amount of interest charged.

If you find this is not applicable to any the transactions you have made, can you please contact the Credit Card department on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 4pm). I hope this helps😀
    Last edited by AmyM; 17-10-23 at 09:53.