Chargeback from fraudulent retailer

Hi, I purchased something online using my Tesco credit card on 24th October and later realised that it was a fake site and a fraudulent transaction. Although the purchase was in GB£, the email confirmation came through in US$, which immediately raised my suspicions. I've since had several emails and WhatsApp messages from multiple company names regarding the purchase, first saying the product had been dispatched from Chicago and later emails/messages saying that the product was no longer available and I should join a WhatsApp group within 2 days to get a refund! I spoke to the fraud team at Tesco Bank and they have cancelled my card and issued a new one. They advised me to fil out a chargeback form, but there's no option to chargeback for this type of transaction. Do I just have to wait 30 days for the goods to not arrive and then make a claim? Thanks.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @NPlatt Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that. You can raise a claim for this right away. You can find all of the information you need and raise a claim through the link below. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

https://www.tescobank.com/help/chargeback/

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!