Credit Card Payment Date

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Why is the day payment is taken for my credit card balance never the same as what it states on the app or on my statement? For instance, the app/statement is stating minimum payment is due 3rd Dec, but the payment is being taken today - 5 days early! Appreciate there's a weekend in that, but I've had to shuffle funds around today so payment can be taken. If I didn't happen to see the notification today I would have been overdrawn.

Also, on the subject of the app, it used to state the full amount of £XXXX and then the payment due date and now it only states the minimum amount of £XXXX and payment due date. I always pay off in full, so why has this changed?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @treble20 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

If your direct debit is set up to collect the full balance then we will apply for the funds 5 days in advance.

Due to a recent change we've made on the mobile app when you log in now the minimum payment information will always be displayed.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !