Late loan payment

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi I was wondering if some on could help me please I had a payment that was due on the 25th November and was late paying this (silly I know) turns out there wasn’t enough in my bank and when I found out it was too late and made the payment 1st of December! I have now checked my credit file and they have marked it as a missed payment seriously damaging it :( should I dispute this on my credit file as I know it was late but not dramatically that being said I thought there was a grace period before it being marked on file I just don’t want this messing up my chances in the future and I’m really worried.

TIA
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Sunnydays Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear this.

What we report to the credit reference agencies needs to be factual, I'm afraid.

If you wish to discuss this further, please call the Loans team on 0345 600 6016, available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm and they'll be happy to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP Hi there thanks for your response I don’t understand what you mean by factual?

My question is I don’t understand why Tesco were so quick to mark my file as a missed payment, the payment was not missed it was late which is a difference is there no a period of time that is given before this is reported? I have tried to ring the loans team and was basically told tuff luck! So now I have a missed payment mark in my credit file which is damming to see and I hope it doesn’t affect my situation in the near future